Dislocated Worker

The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Dislocated Worker Program is designed to help get people back to work. Adults are considered a Dislocated Worker if they have lost their job through no fault of their own and are unlikely to return to the previous industry or occupation usually due to outdated skills, job loss, mass layoff, military move, or other economic conditions. Most individuals must be eligible for or have already exhausted their Unemployment Insurance benefits.

Dislocated Workers may also include the following:

Service Members

Military service members who will be or have separated from the military providing the discharge is not dishonorable.

Military Spouses

Military spouses who have lost employment as a direct result of a relocation to accommodate a permanent change in duty station of the spouse.


Homemakers, whose primary job has been homemaking, who have lost their main source of income.


Self-employed individuals who become unemployed as a result of local economic conditions or natural disaster.


Farmers who have lost their farm.

If you answer YES to any of the following questions, you may qualify for the Dislocated Worker Program:

Are you  a laid off worker, Military Spouse, or Displaced Homemaker?

You may qualify!

Have you been terminated or laid off, qualified for unemployment (or not eligible for unemployment due to insufficient earnings) and unlikely to return to your previous occupation or industry?

You may qualify!

Have you been notified that the facility you are employed with will be closing within 180 days?

You may qualify!

Were you self-employed, but due to an economic condition in your community you are now unemployed?

You may qualify!

Are you a displaced homemaker? (someone who has been dependent on the income of another family member, but you are no longer supported by that income)?

You may qualify!

Are you now unemployed or underemployed and having difficulty obtaining or upgrading your employment?

You may qualify!

Are you a military spouse who has lost employment due to a PCS?

You may qualify!

Are you an active duty spouse who is unemployed or underemployed and having difficulty obtaining or upgrading your employment?

You may qualify!

Are you a Reserve Component spouse who has seen a reduction in income due to a deployment?

You may qualify!

Are you the surviving spouse of a military member who died in the line of duty, or qualifies for 100% disability?

You may qualify!

If you’re interested in the WIOA Dislocated Worker Program please complete the
Pre-screening Application, and a staff member will be in contact with you soon!

Click Here for Frequently Asked Questions

Equal opportunity employer/program  |  Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities  |  TYY: 1-800-846-5277