Shreveport Electrical Apprenticeship Program Application
The Shreveport Electrical Apprenticeship Program is a five-year program
with classroom instruction and paid on-the-job training. Classes are nine
months out of the year on Tuesday and Thursday nights starting at 5:00 p.m.
for 2.5 hrs.
The program covers all phases of the electrical industry from conduit installation to instrumentation. On-the-job training starts around June 15 each year.
Through the United States Department of Labor’s Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act you may be eligible for financial assistance to help purchase the textbooks, tools, and work boots you will need while participating in IBEW Local 194’s Electrical Joint Apprenticeship Program. In order to find out if you might be eligible for WIOA program financial assistance please apply below:
This is an equal opportunity program, and anyone will be considered that meets the following requirements:
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
• A high school graduate or GED
• Passed one year of algebra
• Receive a qualifying grade on a nationally administered aptitude test.
• Be physically able to perform the work of an electrical apprentice.